HOIST INSPECTIONS from Olsen Chain & Cable
Inspection services from Olsen help you avoid downtime and maintain high standards for safety and performance.
PRE-OPERATIONAL, DAILY INSPECTIONS
All operating mechanisms must be checked daily by the hoist operator before the first use of each shift.
HERE ARE SOME ITEMS TO CHECK DAILY:
- Check that warning and other tags/safety labels are not missing and tags/safety labels are legible
- Check for loose bolts or rivets
- Check for deterioration or leakage in lines, tanks, valves, drain pumps, and other parts of air or hydraulic systems
- Check hook for damage, cracks, nicks, gouges and deformations of the throat opening.
- Check for wear on saddle or load bearing point, and any twisting. Refer to manufacturer’s operator manual
- Check hoist chain for cracks, nicks, gouges, wear and stretch. Check that the chain is in the upper and lower sprockets and in the chain guide
- Check wire rope for broken wires, broken strands, kinks, and any deformation or damage to the rope structure Refer to manufacturer’s operator manual for a complete list of recommended safety checks
Daily, Frequent and Periodic inspections are required. Please refer to OSHA 1910.179 and ASME B30.X to ensure compliance.