SYNTHETIC ROUND SLINGS
Olsen Chain & Cable offers a wide range of strength-tested synthetic round slings that can safely handle a variety of size, type, and capacities of loads.
USE & CARE
- Do not use wire rope slings with loads above the rated load capacities on the tag.
- Store slings away from potential mechanical or chemical damage, sunlight, ultraviolet light and extreme temperatures.
- Properly hitch slings, pad sharp edges, balance loads, don’t drag slings, keep them free of knots or twists and don’t pull a sling from under a load when the load is on the sling.
- Inspect slings daily and according to OSHA-approved ASME guidelines.
PRE-OPERATIONAL, DAILY INSPECTIONS
All slings must be checked daily by the sling operator before the first use of each shift.
Here are some items to check daily:
- Check that ID tags are not missing or unreadable
- Check for melted, charred or weld-splattered areas
- Check for acid or alkali burns
- Check for broken or damaged fittings
Check for excessive abrasive wear or elongation
- Check for knots or brittle areas
OSHA 1910.184 requirements dictate a yearly complete sling inspection. Olsen can conduct and document these necessary inspections. Call today: 800-328-1906